IGGS Scholarships and Bursaries open up a world of new opportunities for young women to pursue their dreams and achieve their goals. Applications are now open for our 2018 Scholarship Program and will close on Friday 17 March, 2017. For 2017 entry, the only scholarship still accepting applications is the 125th Anniversary Scholarship, open to new students only for Year 10, 2017 (please scroll down for further information).
2018 Scholarship Program
Applications for scholarships for 2018 entry to Ipswich Girls' Grammar School are now OPEN, and will close Friday 17 March, 2017.
Late applications will be accepted up until Friday 24 March (a late application fee will apply). All scholarship applications must be made online, through Academic Assessment Services using the following link:
The School's 2018 Scholarship Program offers a number of scholarships that are designed to reward and encourage students who continually strive for academic achievement and who maintainan active involvement in the Arts, community service and sport.
Ipswich Girls' Grammar believes that students who engage in all aspects of an all-round education will have every opportunity to develop into confident, well-educated young women.
The scholarships available in our 2018 program are as follows:
- Trustees Scholarships - Rewards and recognises new students entering Year 7 for outstanding all-round involvement in school life through up to 50% tuition remission.
- Academic Scholarships - Rewards and recognises new and current students entering Years 7 to 12 for academic excellence through up to 50% tuition remission. Students are required to sit the Scholarship Examination at the School on Saturday 25 March (provisions are made for rural and interstate candidates).
- Special Ability Scholarships - Rewards and recognises students entering Years 7 to 12 who excel in Music or Sport. Drama and Visual Arts Scholarships are also available for students entering Years 10 to 12 only. Represents up to 50% tuition remission.
- School Captain Scholarships - Offered to students who are completing Year 6 in 2016 and are current School Captains of their Primary or Junior School and can demonstrate broad involvement across school life. Represents up to 25% tuition remission.
- Defence Force Family Scholarship - Awarded to new students entering Years 7 to12 who are members of serving defence force families in recognition of the significant contribution and sacrifices the families make whilst serving our nation. Represents up to 25% tuition remission.
- Lylie Argus Memorial Scholarship - Offered to one new student entering Year 11, who would not otherwise be able to attend Ipswich Girls' Grammar School. It is preferable, but not compulsory, for applicants to be related to former IGGS students. The Scholarship has been established in memory of Mrs Lylie Argus and her significant contribution to the School, and represents 50% remission of tuition fees.
For further information relating to Scholarships, please click the relevant link below:
If you require further assistance or information on scholarships, please contact the Director of Enrolments and Community Relations on 07 3454 4442.
125th Anniversary Scholarship Program
Ipswich Girls’ Grammar School introduced its 125th Anniversary Scholarship Program to celebrate 125 years of exceptional scholarship of young women. Applications are now OPEN to new students only who are entering Year 10 in 2017.
Selection is based on the strength of the applicant’s portfolio and an interview with a member of the School’s Executive team. The scholarship represents up to 50% remission of tuition fees.
The value of the Scholarship reflects the applicant’s strengths in the following areas:
• High academic achievement
• Community service and broad involvement across school life
• Involvement in one of the Arts (Music, Drama, Visual Art)
• Involvement in one or more sports (preference for QGSSSA sports)
• Record of excellent behaviour
Students are expected to participate actively in all aspects of the School’s holistic education and support others in their endeavours.
• High academic achievement
• Willingness to contribute at a high level to the curricular and co-curricular activities of the School, that is, participate in at least two of the following: one sport, one service and one cultural activity each year
• Ability to comply with the School’s high expectations regarding attitude, behaviour, uniform, and use of technology
• The Scholarship will be tenable until the end of Year 12, which means that if the conditions of the Scholarship continue to be met, the student retains the Scholarship for the tenure or until she leaves IGGS. Scholarships are not means tested.
How to Apply?
• Please complete the Scholarship Application Form (note: only 125th Anniversary Scholarships are still open for 2017 entry) and forward it, along with a portfolio of accomplishments, to the Director of Enrolments and Community Relations, Ipswich Girls' Grammar School, PO Box 16, Ipswich, Qld, 4305; email firstname.lastname@example.org.