IGGS Scholarships and Bursaries open up a world of new opportunities for young women to pursue their dreams and achieve their goals.
Scholarship applications for entry in 2017 have now closed. Applications for entry in 2018 will be accepted online from mid-December 2016, through to mid-March 2017.
Ipswich Girls' Grammar School's 2017 Scholarship Program offers a number of scholarships that are designed to reward and encourage students who continually strive for academic achievement and who maintain an active involvement in the Arts, community service and sport.
The School believes that students who engage in all aspects of an all-round education will have every opportunity to develop into confident, well-educated young women.
- Trustees Scholarships - Rewards and recognises new students entering Year 7 for outstanding all-round involvement in school life through up to 50% tuition remission.
- Academic Scholarships - Rewards and recognises new and current students entering Years 7 to 12 for academic excellence through up to 50% tuition remission. Students are required to sit the Scholarship Examination at the School on 19 March (provisions for rural and interstate candidates.
- Special Ability Scholarships - Rewards and recognises students entering Years 7 to 12 who excel in Drama, Music or Sport. A Visual Arts Scholarship is also available for students entering Years 10 to 12 only. Represents up to 50% tuition remission.
- School Captain Scholarships - Offered to students who are completing Year 6 in 2016 and are current School Captains of their Primary or Junior School and can demonstrate broad involvement across school life. Represents up to 25% tuition remission.
- Defence Force Family Scholarship - Awarded to new students entering Years 7 to12 who are members of serving defence force families in recognition of the significant contribution and sacrifices the families make whilst serving our nation. Represents up to 25% tuition remission.
- Lylie Argus Memorial Scholarship - Offered to one new student entering Year 11, who would not otherwise be able to attend Ipswich Girls' Grammar School. It is preferable, but not compulsory, for applicants to be related to former IGGS students. The Scholarship has been established in memory of Mrs Lylie Argus and her significant contribution to the School, and represents 50% remission of tuition fees.
For further information relating to Scholarships, please click the relevant link below:
If you require further assistance or information on scholarships, please contact the Director of Enrolments and Community Relations on 07 3454 4442.