Ipswich Girls’ Grammar School including Ipswich Junior Grammar School offers coeducation from Pre-Prep to Year 6, with girls only from Year 7 to Year 12. We have boarding options from full-time boarding to day, casual, temporary and weekly boarding for girls from Year 5.
IGGS is situated on expansive, landscaped grounds in Ipswich, Queensland. Heritage listed original buildings are complemented by modern, state-of-the-art, purpose-built facilities for active young women, boys and girls, including:
- Visual and Performing Arts Centre;
- Primary and secondary Libraries;
- Computer and Science labs;
- Graphics and Art studios;
- Business Education centre;
- Hospitality and Tourism training rooms;
- Centre for Young Women's Health and Wellbeing;
- Fitness Centre and Human Movements Laboratory;
- Heated outdoor swimming pool;
- Netball, Tennis and Volleyball courts;
- Massive fully enclosed gymnasium;
- Athletics oval; and
- On-site boarding facilities.
The Queensland Grammar Schools are independent, non-denominational, not-for-profit statutory bodies of the Queensland Government. They are not linked to, administered, or governed by any religious organisation or specific style of education.
Each Grammar School is governed separately by a Board of Trustees comprising seven members appointed by the Governor-in-Council for a term of four years as prescribed in the Grammar Schools Act. Subscribers to the School elect three nominees to the Governor-in-Council for the position of Trustee, and four Trustees are nominated by the Minister for Education.
IGGS Board of Trustees
Mr Greg Ploetz - Chairman
Ms Maria Kelly - Deputy Chair
Dr David Careless
Dr Andrew Draper
Mrs Carly Gregory
Mr James Sturges
Ms Elle Ackland