If you are interested in working at Ipswich Girls' Grammar School including Ipswich Junior Grammar School, please click here to view our latest employment opportunities in both teaching and Business Services.
In 1897, five years after the founding of the School, the first Headmistress, Miss Fanny Hunt, formed the Old Girls Association.
From the outset, the organisation had enabled IGGS students to keep in touch with friends and the School itself.
A vital support network is provided through the OGA. There are a number of branches in Queensland and interstate which provide opportunities for fellowship.
The Old Girls not only provide the School with many amenities through their tireless fund-raising - they also willingly take part in many of the School's initiatives. For example, from their ranks come specialist advisers at Careers Day, sporting coaches and guest speakers both in the classroom and at official functions. Old Girls have chosen to be members of staff and the Board of Trustees.
This interaction between staff, parents, students and Old Girls is a vital dimension of the school community and is testimony to the values which are inherent in the school ethos.
To download our Old Girls Membership or Update form, please click
Old Girls Collection Notice
- The Ipswich Girls' Grammar School Old Girls Association may collect personal information about you from time to time. The primary purpose of collecting this information is to enable us to inform you about our activities and the activities of Ipswich Girls' Grammar School including Ipswich Junior Grammar School and to keep past students informed about other members.
- We must have the information referred to above to enable us to continue your membership of the IGGS Old Girls Association.
- As you know, from time to time the Old Girls Association engages in fundraising activities. The information received from you may be used to make an appeal to you. It may also be used by Ipswich Girls' Grammar School including Ipswich Junior Grammar School to assist in its fundraising activities. If you do not agree to this, please advise us now.
- The Old Girls Association may publish details about you in our OGAPress publication and the School's website. If you do not agree to this you must advise us now.
- The School may store personal information in the ‘cloud’, which may mean that it resides on servers which are situated outside Australia.
- If you provide personal information to us about other people, we encourage you to inform them of the above matters.