Ipswich Junior Grammar School is the coeducational primary school campus of Ipswich Girls' Grammar School, situated in the same beautifully landscaped grounds with access to the same excellent facilities. The staff, curriculum and resources are all focused on helping students take the first steps towards achieving individual potential and preparing for the challenges of higher level education.
We offer a coeducational Early Education Centre for 3 and 4 year old children, which includes the Pre-Prep year with a fully co-educational Junior School from Prep to Year 6.
The primary years are the first years of schooling, and as such, are extremely important years. To ensure students enjoy their learning we:
- provide air conditioned, modern classrooms that cater for the needs of primary learning and associated activities;
- cater to students’ individual learning needs through programs designed to focus on the appropriate levels of the students (for example, students in Years 1 to 3 are continually monitored to determine that their Reading Recovery level is appropriate);
- monitor student learning progress and rate of learning through diagnostic testing, anecdotal records, and focused analysis and student interviews;
- offer a range of learning experiences to stimulate spatial and emotive brain development;
- provide greater levels of student/teacher interaction with smaller class sizes;
- have both male and female teaching staff;
- keep parents informed of their child’s progress with written reports and regular information/parent-teacher evenings.
The traditions and values that have been associated with Ipswich Girls' Grammar School for more than a century continue to flourish at Junior Grammar.
With smaller class sizes, modern resources and an established, well-balanced curriculum, Junior Grammar offers boys and girls more effective learning experiences, preparing them with confidence for life’s challenges and opportunities.