Personal tours of the School can be arranged at a mutually suitable time by appointment only. Contact our Enrolments Team on 07 3454 4447 for bookings.
Your tour will include a view of the full campus focusing on the individual interests of your child. You can view our classes in progress, meet our academic and pastoral care staff, and view our sporting facilities.
IGGS/IJGS Enrolment Statement
Ipswich Girls’ Grammar School (IGGS), including Ipswich Junior Grammar School (IJGS), has always enjoyed an excellent reputation and strong demand for places. Parents are advised to make enquiries and applications with the Enrolments Registrar at an early date.
In the Junior School Years Pre-Prep to Year 6 (Coeducational Pre-Prep to Year 4) there is a high demand for entry at Prep and Year 5. In the Middle and Senior Schools, Ipswich Girls’ Grammar School welcomes girls as day students and boarders with a high demand for entry in Years 7 and 8. Entry to all Year Levels is determined on availability of places.
The School considers it important to have an appropriately balanced School Community; therefore, applications for enrolment are considered on the basis of a range of criteria.
Criteria which are taken into account for entry of new students include:
- Date of Application
- Family or other Association with the School
- Academic standard and/or developmental level appropriate for their age or year of schooling
- Academic Record
- Interests, activities and achievements of the student.
In applying these criteria the needs of the School at a particular time are taken into account, including the fact that the Junior School is coeducational Years Pre-Prep to Year 4 and that the Middle and Senior Schools have boarders beyond Year 6.
Applicants are assessed at interview and are advised to bring the following with them:
- Latest school report
- Evidence of standards achieved on National/State Tests, i.e. Literacy & Numeracy Tests
- Other reports relevant to the student’s learning abilities
- National/State Competition results and records of awards or achievements.